"OVER A QUARTER-CENTURY OF LITIGATION EXPERIENCE"
Courthouse Mediation Since 1985
• Former Senior Staff Attorney, Florida First District Court of Appeal
• Commissioner (elected), Ocean, Highway & Port Authority, District One
• AV “Preeminent” Peer Review Rated (hightest in legal skills and ethics), Martindale Hubbell
• ‘Master of the Bench’, Robert M. Foster Nassau County American Inn of Court
• Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator in County, Circuit, Appellate Courts
• Authorized Court-ordered Arbitrator
• 10 "Superb" peer and client revew rated (highest), AVVO
--FLORIDA BAR JOURNAL,"'Good Faith' Mediation Orders in Florida Civil Federal Courts -- Let Judges do the Judging and Mediators do the Mediating", Vol.89, No.8, pp. 25-29 (Sept./Oct. 2015).
--FLORIDA BAR, ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOULUTION SECTION, "MEAC Opinion 2014 - Prohibiting Key Information In Mediation Reports", Vol.III, No.2 (Spring 2015)
Mr. Sturgess mediates and arbitrates disputes related to his decades of trial and appellate litigation experience in the laws of contracts, injury, and matters involving insurance. He both prosecuted and defended insured injury and loss claims, as well as coverage and bad faith actions. Mr. Sturgess has represented local governments and national corporations, as well as individuals, homeowners and their associations, and small businesses, in state and federal courts around the country.
Mr. Sturgess has also represented individuals and entities in all forms of contract disputes, from the formation of contracts to enforcement, rescission and remedies for a breach -- all issues on which he has lectured, litigated, mediated, and been published in Florida and American Bar journals. Mr. Sturgess is mindful of the financial and psychological costs of risk in litigation, the value of eliminating that risk.
FEES: Mr. Sturgess's base hourly rate is $190, with a two hour minimum. There are no fees for administration, travel, postponement or accomodations.